Shadow City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadow City

Beneath the mortal world, another darker one hides. A world of vampires, werewolves, witches ghosts and more. A world of plots and plans and deadly secrets. Become a member and be part of the shadow city.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TotalitarianRegime

Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar Empty
PostSubject: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 8:21 pm

Beneath the Northern Premises of the city lay an incredibly ugly statue. Not that you'd pay it a glace, but it was always there. It resembled a sort of Gargoyle having a severe case of hemorrhoids, erected to be 30 feet tall outside the cemetery. But that wasn't the point. The point was that that this was the entrance to the best bar in the city.

Oh, at first you'd think that this was simply idiocy. But when you looked very closely at the left-hand side of the statue, you'd see a door, etched out so carefully and softly that one might think it was a carving. But then pushed slightly, pulled, and pushed again, the door led to a tunnel.

In this softly sloping tunnel, a series of rungs led down a deep pit. That led to an iron door that read "Beware of the Spangolio", which in turn led to the bar.

It wasn't a beat down, old bar either. No, this bar was an elegant, beautiful bar, with a nice wooden floor and walls. Soft lights hung from the ceiling. One wall was taken up entirely by black velvet couches, another taken up by a single picture of a sunset.

This bar was unique. Any person of any race or specie could come in. Violence was strictly prohibited, with power to enforce such claim. It had an air of calm and happiness to it, along with a feeling of security.

But the Bar!

The Bar was a low wooden bar, containing boxes of food and spirits. Several low comfortable seats sat around the bar, enough to seat many people. The food was cheap but delicious, and the first meal of a new customer was free.

Jordyn ran the bar. He was a happy sort of person, always smiling and always polite. He had long blond hair the was pulled back into a single messy ponytail, with many strands escaping. But his most striking feature was his eyes. They were like pure black pools, fathomless and dark, seeming to clash harshly with his ringing laugh and cheery personality.

All of this made the Benthos (for this was the Bar's name) the best one around.

Come on in to the best Bar in Shadow City. We're always open.
Back to top Go down
Des
Admin
Des

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 am

Medea walked into the bar glancing around her as she walked, she was dressed in her usual manner, i.e. overdressed. She slid gracefully onto one of the stools.
"Vodka and Blood." she said, not bothering to look at the barkeeper, Medea was used to having people do exactly as she said. She was glad to be out of the house though, the count her father was in a bad mood and her sibling weren't making it any better. She was beginning to feel that some of them resented her position as the favored child.
Back to top Go down
https://shadowcity.rpg-board.net
TotalitarianRegime

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:54 pm

Jordyn nodded, and grabbed a bottle of fine vodka from a wooden crate, and uncorked it, pouring it into a small blue glass. After filling it halfway, he uncorked a red glass bottle and poured some of it in, changing the vodka to a pinkish-red blend.

Setting it down, Jordyn grabbed a notepad. "Want anything else, sweetheart?" He inquired.
Back to top Go down
Des
Admin
Des

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 am

Medea frowned at the pet name, "No." She stated harshly, "And I'm not your sweetheart." She smiled, showing a little too much tooth to be polite. "I am Medea DuMorn. I guess you have heard of me."
Back to top Go down
TotalitarianRegime

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Jordyn chuckled, his grin broadening. "Perhaps you don't understand. This is a Neutral Territory. By entering, you surrender your personal status. The highest Vampire Count to the lowest hobo are equal here."

Jordyn set the notebook down. "And of course I've heard of you. Northern Shadow City lies under the Black Towers. By the way, are you sure you don't want anything to eat? The Paruu apples are quite delicious. So is the Glitter Cake."
Back to top Go down
Des
Admin
Des

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:30 am

"Yes, but you would still be wise not to cause enmity between your bar and my kind, once you step out the door you are in our world." Medea worked under the assumption that all of the city was in fear of the vampires. Even if some parts of it were at least as powerful. "And no. I do not want to eat anything. It may have escaped your notice but I am a vampire. We don't have to eat we do so only if we choose, and your food does not tempt me at all.
Back to top Go down
TotalitarianRegime

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Jordyn's grin widened into a broad smile. "Very well. First time in the bar grants you free drinks and food..."

Jordyn paused, and turned to greet other guests. He had been reading Medea's mind, not on purpose, but because he was a Presence, he automatically detected thoughts and feelings of people around him.

He did not fear Vampires, he did not fear Werewolves, nor other Presences, or even Demons. The Bar was a safe Haven, and nothing could even consider touching him in Neutral Territory. In Neutral Territory, he was safe. He granted himself a small, happy smile, and continued to greet the slow trickle of guests entering.
Back to top Go down
Replacement Des
Admin
Replacement Des

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:25 pm

After finishing her drink Medea stood and left the bar, not glancing behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar   Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar Empty

Back to top Go down

Benthos: Just Another Enchanted Bar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shadow City :: Role Playing :: North-
Jump to: